Lukoran is situated in the central part of the north-eastern coast of the island of Ugljan. Lukoran has a beach, a pine forest and enough potable water. Lukoran is located on the regional road running along the island. Beaches in Lukoran are surrounded by a centuries-old pine forest. Lukoran offers very good food.
Lukoran was first mentioned in 1075. In the Middle Ages it was an estate of the Benedictines from Zadar. The graveyard church has Romanesque features; reconstructed in the 17th century. - Below Zmorasnji Lukoran are the remains of a small Gothic church and other structures; a legend has it that they were built by Egyptian monks in the 14th century.