Murter is a town on the island of Murter. West of Murter, in the cove Slanica, there is a beautiful beach and a camp. The town got its present name in 1715. The medieval parish church of St. Mihovil was reconstructed in 1770.
Murter holiday accommodation facilities: apartments, hotel, camping.
Murter Marina HRAMINA is located in the Hramina bay. It has 550 places on the floating docks and 250 on the dry docks, parking lot for 300 vehicles, cranes (15 and 50 tons), technical services. In the marina there are also shops, restaurant, terraces, tavern, and ten apartments for the accommodation of guests. Marina has a laundry, toilets, exchange office, etc. It is open through the whole year.
Situated at the "gate" of the Kornati archipelago (the inhabitants of Murter are owners of a greater part of the lands), Murter is one of the favourite destinations of boaters and those who prefer peaceful vacations. The beginnings of tourism in Murter date back to the 1930s, when the so-called Czech Villa was built in the cove of Slanica, today the rest home of the Trade Union Federation.
Murter offers various forms of holiay accommodation (hotel, apartments, marina), nice and quiet -bea-ches, a number of restaurants and inns. Each visitor will gladly visit the Kornati archipelago because excursions are daily organized during the tourist season. Murter has a number of sports facilities (tennis, basketball, indoor football). Water sports are also possible.